Photograph: Werner Schmidt

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Next Rowing History Forum

Last Saturday, the River and Rowing Museum in Henley-on-Thames, England was hosting a Rowing History Forum (read more about it in my entry on 8 September). Sadly, I missed it.

The other day, Bill Miller announced on the rowing history site Friends of Rowing History (www.rowinghistory.net) that the next Forum will be on Sunday, 21 March 2010 in Mystic, Connecticut. As usual, this event will be organized by the Friends of Rowing History, the National Rowing Foundation (NRF), and Mystic Seaport Museum. Special guest speaker will be Kent Mitchell, U.S. Olympic oarsman 1960 and 1964. Miller promised to post more information on his site soon.

That weekend will also be a celebration in honour of the up to 20 inductees for the NRF’s National Rowing Hall of Fame. There will be a dinner at the Seamen’s Inne in Mystic on the eve of 20 March for the inductees and everyone else who would like to mark this very special occasion.

So jot down the 20 and 21 March 2010 in your calendars. These are events that I for sure will not miss.

Finally, I also would like to share the information about the honour that has been bestowed upon me. The Directors of the Friends of Rowing History have very kindly asked me to join their ranks, which I very gladly and humbly accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment